- Augmented Analytics
- Big Data Analytics
- Business Analytics
- Data Governance & Data Fabric
- Datenorientierte Strategien & digitale Transformation
- Performance Management
- Über uns
- Webroom & Events
Measure, plan and decide. And then what?
17 Jan, 2013
We cross an historical phase in which the systemic crisis crosses new ways of working (mobile, cloud, big data, ...) and new "points of view", produced by the explosive growth of social media. The result is that increases in importance, above existing technology, skills and metrics already monitored, the availability of a set of variables related to new values to be monitored, new metrics to be refined, growth skills, such as those related to the Customer Intelligence.
It is well-known case of GAP new logo, rebranded involving structurally social networks: the company first ignored them, releasing the new logo without any communication to the online community, then tried to engage users into acrowdfunding contest, ultimately chose to communicate their step back (the return to the old logo) through social networks, using them as a sounding board of its new "social" deal.
The paradigm of Performance Management provides for you throw quickly reporting, analysis and implementation of predictive models in order to verify, in real time or even earlier, the effectiveness of short, medium and long term actions.
The new organizational unit called upon to manage this complexity is the CPO - Chief Performance Officer - a new role within the company that can take on the task of co-ordination and direction according to different modes of approach, not necessarily exclusive:
- For critical factors - focused on the critical success factors, such as cost, product variety, demand variability, speed and visibility of the brand;
- Multifunctional - aimed at integrating the mission of the various corporate functions such as marketing, sales, finance, supply chain;
- For KPI - kpi focused on identifying the mega processes and owners of reference;
- Multi-dimensional - starts from the product and the market as a information hub, analyzed according to various dimensions of business;
- To Dashboards - integrates business analytics and reporting tools - Business Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Mobile Intelligence, Web Intelligence, ... - in order to provide an overview of the performance but at the same time transversal;
- Integrated Planning - starts of the business planning and strategic - defining the drivers of growth in the long run - and tactical - structural costs, budget for Operations, Marketing & Distribution, ... - with the aim of integrating at operational level sales analysis and budget control;
- Rolling Planning - focuses on results and objectives of planning in the medium and short term - to the annual Budget on weekly scale variations from the original plan;